“The Role of Maritime Education and Training in addressing current and future challenges to strengthen contribution towards sustainable growth in maritime industry”
The 2nd International Conference on Maritime Education & Training (ICMET 2018), in conjuction with
2nd Global on Board Training (GOBT) Conference will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia on 14 – 16 November 2018. This Conference is jointly organized by Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Pelayaran Jakarta and Human Resource Development on Transportation Agency, Indonesia.
The aim of the conference is to provide a platform to the researchers, experts and practitioners from academia, governments, NGOs, research institutes, and industries to meet and share cutting-edge progress in the fields of maritime Education. It provides an opportunity to enhance understanding of the relationships between knowledge and research to Maritime Education.
The conference is dedicated to studies on maritime affairs, including but not limited to:
- The future and challenges of maritime education,
- Innovation in shipping,
- Internet technology development,
- Port and shipping management,
- Maritime education and training,
- Examination and certification,
- Digitalization of maritime education and training,
- Industry 4.0 on maritime transportation,
- HRD on maritime transportation,
- Profesional development on maritime transportation,
- Maritime simulator, and on board training.